Candle Burning 101
How to get the most out of your candles!
- The wick will be trimmed for you when you receive your candle, but after every use, please trim the wick down to 1/8-1/4". This gives you a cleaner, brighter burn. It also prevents the "mushroom" head on the tip of the wick, which encourages smoke and soot.
- Let the wax melt all the way across. Sometimes this takes 2-4 hours. Don't burn a candle for 30 minutes and then extinguish it. This takes away from having the entire candle burn as opposed to a smaller area which is called tunneling.
- Keep the flame away from moving air. Whether it's a fan, air conditioning vent or the wind outside, you won't want your candle to be near a high wind source. Moving air can disturb the flame, leaving black marks on your candle and container.
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Keep candles away from pets and children.
- Never burn a candle near a flame source; like curtains, towels, bedding, carpet, books, paper, decorations, etc.
- Make sure candle is on a heat resistant surface and is level.